Case studys network monitoring: Nagios based monitoring solution NetEye for InfoCert
Infocert was established in 2007 as a new company of the InfoCamere Group. The company is dedicated to the production and distribution of IT servers, especially cryptographic services, being the main Certificate Authority in Italy.
InfoCert so far has issued more than 3.000.000 certifications for digital signature and it is also responsible for the archiving of the Registro Imprese with more than 200.000.000 stored files. InfoCert was evaluating the possibility to install a network monitoring system offering a wide variety of functionalities to easily manage its IT infrastructure.
The main requirements
- Decrease of complexity in daily IT management
- Complete network monitoring considering all server systems: HP-UX Server, Solaris, Linux and Windows
- LAN and WAN bandwidth, latency and usage monitoring
- Monitoring of database services (Oracle and MySQL)
- Quick configuration of all interfaces to Web applications
- Customizable reports
Opinions on NetEye
"For InfoCert's heterogeneous and complex IT infrastructure, it was fundamental to adopt an easy usable system with a broad functionality spectrum. In this regard NetEye has proven to be the perfect solution."
Giovanni Belluzzo, IT Manager InfoCert S.p.A.
Data and facts InfoCert S.p.A.
- Company: InfoCert S.p.A.
- Industry: IT Services
- Employees: 177
- Products: Digital signature solutions, Legalmail and documents archiving
- Headquarter: Rome
- Internet: www.infocert.it
- Infrastructure: Heterogeneous and complex environment with more than 200 servers