IT Service Management for Savio Group
Discovering performance problems or even system failures causes often implies time losses not always with positive results. Also for the textile machinery producer Savio Group it was becoming more and more difficult to manage their expanded infrastructure evolved due to the introduction of new hardware and software components. By adding several new applications over the last years, the service structure in fact became more complex to manage.
With NetEye a powerful tool for ITIL based service standards
Savio therefore was looking for an IT-Service Management solution covering all business processes and being able to detect performance problems in a proactive way by so guaranteeing highest reliability for all hosts and services. A detailled selection process has finally led to the choice in favor of WÜRTHPHOENIX NetEye. The Nagios based solution has prevailed not only for the fast and easy integration with the existing infrastructure, but also for its orientation to international IT-Service Management standards such as ITIL.
NetEye, just a few days after being implemented has demonstrated to be a low costs, complete and flexible solution. Savio is able, with a limited staff, to control not only the availability of all the hosts and services but also ERP application, Mail server, virtualization services and databases. In case of performance problems, server errors or overloaded database the IT engineers of Savio are able to promptly react avoiding additional damages and guaranteeing a high company productivity. Every error in fact is always considered based on the connections with other relevant events or processes.
The main requirements
- IT Service Management for a complete monitoring of the existing infrastructure
- Simple system configuration through Web interface
- Easy analysis of all collected data through structured reports
- Introduction of an ITIL based IT-Service Management
- Data archiving to quickly discover the reason of failures and problems
- Reduced license costs for the Open Source solution
- High scalability for the integration of new hardware and software components
- Easy implementation
Opinions on NetEye
„We were looking for a solution and not a project. The NetEye installation could be implemented in only few days. Additionally the solution is oriented to an ITIL based IT-Service Management. These were the main reasons for choosing NetEye.“
Paolo Marani, IT Manager Savio-ITEMA Group
Data and facts Savio-ITEMA Group
- Company: Savio-ITEMA Group
- Industry: Textile machinery production
- HQ: Pordenone (Italy)
- Internet: www.saviospa.it