The Würth Group has operations on all continents and counts more than 400 operating companies in 84 countries with more than 70,000 employees, of whom nearly 30,000 are salaried sales representatives. The parent company of the Würth Group, Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG, was founded by Adolf Würth in 1945 in the town of Künzelsau in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. After the sudden death of his father in 1954, Prof. Dr. h. c. mult. Reinhold Würth, today Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Würth Group’s Family Trusts, took over the business. He turned the screw business, which at that time had two employees and generated sales of EUR 80,000, into a international group reaching the 11.8 billion mark in the fiscal year 2016.
The companies of the Würth Group operate in various fields of business. The global trading company has its origins in the sale and distribution of assembly and fastening materials. The Würth Line companies continue to serve this segment in which Würth is the world market leader. In addition, the Würth Group comprises the Allied Companies trading under their own name. Their business activities are either closely related to the core business or diversified and are developed further and expanded successfully.
For Würth as wholesale distribution group with worldwide operations, innovation management has taken center stage for years. Cooperation with independent research institutes and universities, an advisory board of Würth customers and practical ideas developed through personal customer contact are the basis for active product development. Würth has numerous patents, utility models and design patents. About 40 percent of sales are generated with products that are less than five years old.